sockittitle.gif

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Another Newbie!

Hi, I'm Anna and I live in Liverpool, England.

These are the socks I finished knitting just as the knitalong started, they're from the Comfy Socks pattern made with Cascade Fixation yarn. They were the first socks I had ever knit on dpns and I'm hooked now!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For my first knitalong socks I'm doing the Broadripple Socks from Knitty using Elann's Sock It To Me! cotton yarn (fittingly named for this event!) in blue variegated.

This is the first sock which I finished off last night (colours are a bit off, sorry):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have cast on and knit the rib for the second sock and am hoping to get it done this week.

For my next pair of socks I'm contemplating the Retro Rib socks from Interweave Knits with some Lorna's Laces that I won in a blog contest, but we'll see if I stick to that!

My blog can be found here.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger um said...

welcome aboard! your socks look awesome. how do you like the sock it to me yarn? i saw it at elann last week and wondered how it knitted up - looks like it does fine!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Shelby said...

They look great!!! We have similar taste... after I get my first pair done, I want to try the Retro Rib and then the Comfy socks :-)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jacquelynn said...

Beautiful! I am thinking about trying thise comfy socks when I finish my retro ribs. I love the color you used.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger sUsAn said...

Love those comfy socks! What a great pattern (thanks for the link)! That color you used is very pretty with the pattern. Broadripple #1 looks great too! I made Broadripples last year with Fixation and really enjoyed the pattern and the yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home