sockittitle.gif

Friday, January 07, 2005

A change-already

The plan to knit Broadripple lasted two hours. I knit myself into circles that I couldn't get out of, I knit patterns I've never seen before, I contorted stitches in ways that are unnatural. And, since it is top down, I got real tired of casting on 50+ stitches every time to try again.

New plan: Toe up. I found a two circ, toe up, knit 'em both at the same time basic sock when I was googling for assistance last night called Double Trouble. It's customizable based on gauge, foot circumfrence, and foot length. In less than an hour, I had a lovely "toe swatch" and am moving along at a swift pace.

The link: http://ingridknits.tripod.com/dt.html

So, methinks I'll try to cut my sock teeth on something a little more tender first. Don't worry-I ordered more sock yarn from Elann this morning...I'm addicted!

1 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Shelby & Jacq said...

Thanks for the link! It's already been added to our growing list of free patterns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home