sockittitle.gif

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Denial

My self-patterning yarn started doing weird things, but I was in denial and kept knitting:




But along came a KNOT and I knew I had to rip, find the right place in the sequence and join. So I pulled out yards and yards of yarn fom the skein until the right color came out, only to realize that the yarn had been knotted backwards. Argh! My skein was a mess, but I went back to the store and they wound it for me again, so I can keep knitting with the colors in the correct order. I'm not sure I can weave in the ends in the middle of the sock, though.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Agh! Is that DGH Confetti you are working with? I found knots in my ball of yarn too -- that is just not cool. If you manufacture self-patterning sock yarns, make sure there aren't knots in the skeins!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Pioggia said...

It's Fortissima Socka Colori. The previous skein was perfect. I guess we all hate knots in skeins but you're right, it's particularly bad with self patterning yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home