sockittitle.gif

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Hmmm...I think I messed up

This is my first pair of socks....and my first post. I am making a really simple sock. The top two inches are ribbed, which I completed with only a few complications......I was SO excited that it was actually turning out as a tube. When I got to the part in the pattern where I am supposed to do stockinette stitch I keep having the knit side (RS?) turn up on the inside of the tube not the outside. Could it be my technique? What minor detail have I overlooked that has screwed me up? Could someone help? I would appreciate it!

2 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger hollyboc said...

Hi Meggan....strangly, this happens to me all the time too. I'm sure there is some type of explanation from the serious sock knitters as to why it happens but I don't know what it is. All I DO know is that, when it happens, I just turn the sock inside out on the needles and the problem is solved. There's really nothing to it. Oh, and, by the way, welcome to the addiction. If you don't know what I mean, you will. :-)

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Kaitlin said...

Hi Meggan, I had this problem when I first learned to knit in the round too. I'm not sure if you're using dpns or 2 circs or magic loop but it doesn't really matter. My guess is that you are holding the two needles you are knitting with farthest from you and the tube is pointing towards you (like...your work is in between you and the needles you are knitting with). This will make the purl stitches appear on the outside of the tube and the knit stitches appear on the inside. If you switch around so the two needles you are knitting with are closest to you and your work is pointing away from you it should fix this problem. Hope I helped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home