sockittitle.gif

Monday, January 10, 2005

Moving along

I mastered the toes this weekend. By the time you've knit two toes five or six times, you can consider yourself a master!

I'm about halfway down my foot now. I think this is pretty dang cool.

Question for the masses-how do you convert a regular, cuff down pattern into a toe up pattern? And, is there a good method of converting a pattern from DPNs to a 2 circ method?

Pictures are at itisrocketscience.typepad.com

Apparently I'm not quite smart enough to post them on blogger yet.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Shelby said...

Your toes look great! And I agree - anytime you've knit anything more than 5 times you are the master ;-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jaya said...

To be honest, I just started my first sock. As for how to convert a toe down to a toe up? I'm just winging it. I cast on for the toe, and now that I'm at the point where I'll start doing the foot, I'm just going to knit the pattern for the 40 stitches and the bottom with the other 32. I'm not sure how well it will work, but I'm going to try it tonight so I should be able to let you know then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home