sockittitle.gif

Thursday, January 20, 2005

One (almost) down

Well, I'm almost through my first Sock it to Me sock. Here it is on my blog (I wonder if this will work....it didn't--I've copied it to photobucket)



This is the "Aran Sandal Socks" pattern from XRX's book Socks, Socks, Socks.

I'm enjoying the cables. I do feel like these should be knee socks, though. The height looks dreadful with the cuff turned up like they are--I look like I weigh 300 pounds--but it looks better with the cuff turned down. I just wanted you to see ALL the hard-won cables. :)

I had planned to finish last night, but I'm about 4 rounds away plus grafting. Let's just say bedtime with the kids did not go as planned. Now I have to make another one. Those cables are addictive enough that I think I will; I do have another pair with one done where I haven't started the second, so we'll see...

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Oooh! I've looked at that pattern in the book but haven't tried it yet.

You did such a beautiful job on the cables. Can't wait to see the finished pair.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger sUsAn said...

Love those cables! Must get my hands on that pattern book pronto!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful!! I have been wanting to knit some "clog" socks. I love the cables! You've done a beautiful job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home