sockittitle.gif

Friday, January 21, 2005

One Sock, Two Sock, Pink and Blue Socks

So many great sock ideas - thanks everyone!


socktomefini.JPG

Here are my completed Sock It To Me Socks.

Pattern is Leslie's Doublet Eyelet Socks from the 2005 Knitting Calendar. Yarn is Opal. 2.25mm bamboo dpns.
I'd definitely recommend the pattern as a starting point for 'lace' socks. It was very easy to follow and because the stitch was very simple the knitting was easy to pick up and put down - or should that be put down and pick up?

The only change I made was to not break the yarn when starting to work the heel. I wanted to keep the colour flow going and plus, who needs extra ends to work in? I like the thick bands of blue and yellow across the heel. Oh, and I used 5 needles for the foot as well as the leg - much easier.

Much fun - I may try and squeeze in another pair!

Sally

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jacquelynn said...

Love the sunny picture - pretty socks. Keep on socking! :)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger um said...

these look great! i appreciate the review of the pattern as well. i haven't tried lace socks yet - so thanks for the info!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home