sockittitle.gif

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Ribbies

One sock done and the other fast approaching the finish line! I didn't think I'd get through these so quickly. Guess I'll have to start another pair in the next day or so. Gotta love quiet days at work. :)


Ribbed socks Posted by Hello

The strand of varigated near the needles is where I will go back and do an afterthought heel. Came out a bit wonky on the first one, but I think I know what happened. Hoping the second will be a bit neater.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jacquelynn said...

Beautiful - color and stitch pattern! I just read over the Universal pattern, but it looks like you did something other than a simple rib - what is it? I love it and may just need to be a copycat! ;)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger hollyboc said...

I never heard of an "afterthought" heel! Wow, you learn something new everyday.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Jacq: It's a k2p2 rib. Sort of. After every 4 rounds I moved the rib over 1 stitch. It's a 16-row repeat. It gives the illusion of being more complicated than it really is. :)

Holly: I'm terrible at picking up gusset stitches. I always have to go back and neaten them up so I thought this would illiminate that. Once you pick up the stitches it's really quite easy. Using Fixation on this one. The stretchiness makes it a snap to find the pickups.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home