sockittitle.gif

Friday, January 14, 2005

Sock it to Me - Milwaukee!

Greetings! everyone from your Wisconsin recruiter. What beautiful socks you are all creating. This blog site is inspiring.

Four of us met last night to initiate our group "sock it to me" effort. We are following the basic sock pattern in Ann Budd's book, "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges," and working on Addi Turbo twelve inch circular needles. I have found this to be the perfect needle for socks and mittens because it's fast (no phutzing with dpn's and even faster than using two circ's) and it means only using dpn's for the last few decrease rounds at the toe.

We worked on gauge swatches last night, then I did a quick demo of heel-turning. I'll post a picture tomorrow to introduce our Milwaukee knitters.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger um said...

aww, how fun - a group of sock knitters! i haven't tried circulars yet for socks - i'm only on my third pair of socks ever! i'm curious to see how circs work on socks, though. have fun!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Jacquelynn said...

Can't wait to meet the sock group! I have used those 12" addis, too - when I started my first sock. They're great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home