sockittitle.gif

Sunday, January 23, 2005

socksess hasn't spoiled me yet

or at least, i don't think so. i finally finished my daughter's birthday socks:



and it was before her birthday, too! i'd lost the pattern, bought it again, and then found the one i'd lost.

did you ever have days like that?

anyway, i used the yankee knitter classic sock pattern, doing a women's size and the 3x1 ribbing on the cuff. the yarn i chose to use was trekking xxl in colorway 100. needles? brittany size 2 dpns (one of which snapped during the making of this show).

next up: the hugs and kisses socks. i got some yummy lime (are limes yummy?) plymouth italy baby sock yarn last week from elann, and i'm thinking i might use my leftover trekking for the details.

i love seeing everyone's socks (in a knitterly way, not spoken with a fetish accent). this is great fun!

3 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Liz said...

lovely lovely! I just ordered some of that fine yarn today myself... same colorway too. Happy Happy!

- Liz

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I love these!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Bertrand G. said...

That is quite funny !!! I have just launched a e-shop with a friend...called Socksess.com ! For now, it is only available in French, but be sure it will be translated into english asap ! As you can guess, we sell socks...but black socks, for men only ! It is a little bit different of what you do ! But they are I believe as nice as yours ;-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home