sockittitle.gif

Monday, January 24, 2005

Starting another pair

This time with a less pricey yarn (and hopefully without any knots). I was too stubborn to swatch and started right away with a figure 8 toe. I ended up with too many stitches and had to rip down to the right number:



You cannot tell from the picture, but the toe looks twisted because my M1's are all biased to the same side. The other M1's I know of that can be symmetrical leave a hole. So I'm ripping and starting again with the trusted short row method.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said...

Hey Pioggia! Take a look at this site: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/increase.php

It demos mirrored M1's so that you can get one side to slant one way and the other side to slant the other way!

So far, I've used Regia and didn't find any knots. Good luck! I'd love to hear your review of Magic Stripes when you're done.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Pioggia said...

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out and maybe use it with my next pair of socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home