sockittitle.gif

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Striped Socks!

Hi all,
Finally got a photo so that I can post my socks. Well, they are actually going to be my sister's socks, for her size 12 feet. I can't laugh too much as I wear an eleven, but it's a lot of sock.

Larger version here.
I'm using Regia 6ply jacquard in color "Las Vegas" and these socks are just cracking me up with the colors and striping. I started with a toe-up sock recipe by Stasia from the Socknitters website, and used an e-wrap eight stitch cast-on toe, and the short row heel. I'm looking forward to trying the OzYarn Easy Sock no-wrap heel next time as my wraps seemed to leave tiny gaps no matter what I did. I have also started a second pair of socks for my husband in light worsted and used only six cast on stitches rather than eight so the toe would be a bit longer before reaching full width.

JAD, I think asked about two circs instead of dpns. I switched to circs part way through and found it quite easy. Just use one circ for the "front" two dpns, and the other circ for the "back" two dpns. Just make sure you are always knitting with the two ends of the SAME needle. I found some detailed instructions here. I tried two socks at once on two circs and lasted for exactly one row before taking the second sock off! It felt like knitting an octopus.

Love seeing all the great socks!

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger um said...

knitting an octopus - sounds like a submission for the next knitty!

these socks look awesome! i love the regia. your sis will love 'em!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Shelby said...

They look great! I love the bright colors :-)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Awesome socks! Interesting impression... knitting an octopus! I can see how it would seem like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home