sockittitle.gif

Monday, February 21, 2005

Birches



Sock It To Me KAL socks knit in Cherry Tree Hill yarn in Birches. I cast on 72 stitches and knit in 2x2 ribbing from the cuff down on a 12" size 2 circular needle. These socks turned out a little bit big, but because they are the first pair of socks I knit for myself, I didn't want to give them away or start over. Instead, I wear them to bed or when I knit on the couch. I love this sock yarn, as it is so soft, but next time I will cast on with fewer stitches as the socks seem much bigger after the initial washing.

I am halfway done with my second pair of Sock It To Me socks. They are intended for my husband and are knit in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport yarn in Blackwatch.

Jen S. at Yamamama.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Birches is one of my favorite colorways. I recently used it to knit the fluted banister socks. Yours look lovely!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Liz said...

...oh, and I agree with Cherry Tree Hill socks growing after washing. I have some Quarry Hill CTH waiting to be knit up and I plan on using a smaller pattern this time around. Doesn't this yarn wash up so nicely though? Feels so soft and springy afterward. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home