sockittitle.gif

Thursday, March 31, 2005

First socks!



Trekking Crazy XXL yarn by Zitron (I can't find this yarn online elsewhere, so it is perhaps discontinued?); US1 Addi steel dpn; Ann Budd's multiguage sock pattern from Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns.

My first socks!!! I set a deadline for myself to finish these by the end of March, and I've been knitting solely on them the last couple of weeks to finish just under the wire. They will be a gift for my mother's birthday (she loves pretty socks), but I couldn't resist trying one on just for a few seconds to snap a photo.

Even after turning the heel (just follow the instructions and it works like magic, just like you all said!), I must admit I wasn't too sold on socks - fine for once to say I tried it, but never again. Well, I'm singing a bit of a different tune, now that I'm not in the mode of "all sock knitting, all the time". I was disappointed they took so long, but I do like the look & feel of those tiny stitches (so comfy and much more "sturdy" feeling than I'd anticipated). I'm thinking I'll just keep a pair going all the time since they're such great portable knitting (what else am I going to do with those #1 dpn? :) and knit only one or two pairs a year.

I'm looking at Elann's Sock It to Me Collection Harlequin for my next pair. Anyone tried it?

Thanks, Shelby & Jacq for a great knitalong!

2 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Agnes said...

Congratulations, Laura! Your socks look great.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Agnes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home