sockittitle.gif

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hey sock buddies!!

I'm not sure if all of you know that Shelby and her husband welcomed a gorgeous baby into the world about a month ago. If you have any sock blog needs - send them to my email. I had to turn on comment verification - we were getting spammed (thanks for the heads up Ginger!!). I tried to find all the spam comments to delete them - if I missed some, please let me know.

I am loving reading and seeing all of the gorgeous socks you are all knitting! I can't believe people are still joining our knitalong (I just added 2 this morning!). When we started this, I don't think we ever envisioned it going on this long - I know we didn't - we only planned to go for a few months. Seeing how many people are enjoying the blog - Shelby and I decided to just keep it open!
Here are the last three pairs of socks I've finished. One the left is one of the socks I knitted for my Sockapal2za pal - New England Socks (Knitting on the Road) in Cherry Tree Hill yarn, color: Martha's Vineyard. In the middle - Friday Harbor Socks (KOTR, too) in Mountain Weavers Wool Quarters, color: Painted Rocks - LOVE these socks!! And, on the right - my Koigu Rainbow socks. No real pattern here - cast on...I forget how many...picot edge, knit until the leg is as long as I like, basic heel,...etc. These are so great - the feel wonderful on. There is NOTHING like a pair of hand knit socks!

Sock on!!
Jackie

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

I think there will be more who join with Socktoberfest! Thanks for keeping it open, Jackie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home