sockittitle.gif

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The purple socks are done!

I started knitting a sock pattern with this yarn last September. I got as far as the toe decreases on sock 1, and decided that I hated the pattern enough that I'd never knit the second sock. What good is that? So I ripped it out.

I thought I'd try using the yarn to knit my first ever toe-up sock. The pattern I chose was a disaster for the shape of my feet. The designer clearly has long slender feet, while I have short wide ones. This was a definite problem. Again I frogged the whole thing.

Then I found this lovely lace pattern (Shari's Lace) on Sock Bug's blog, and cast on hopefully. Ooh, not only was the yarn happier, but so was I. And the sock fits. Yee haw. The second sock knit up even more quickly than the first, and this is the result.

The yarn is purple Opal Uni, and I knit it up with a set of five size 1 double-pointed bamboo needles from Crystal Palace.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Lani said...

Oh, those are really pretty. I love the lacey look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home